Friday, June 18, 2010

HIATUS

haitus a break or interruption in the continuity of a work ...

I posted a devotional on this blog yesterday. It was the first one in 22 days. Normally I am a tireless, prolific writer. My friend Dan Masshardt likes to tease me about the number of blogs I write and/or contribute to. Add that to sermons and training materials, and I can point to rivers or mountains of material, depending on your perspective. I do a whole lot of creative writing - almost constantly. Some writing can be done on demand and needs to be done on a rigorous schedule whether I feel like writing or not (sermns fall into that category). Some writing comes because I have an agenda or a mission - like the blogs I do on outreach or my general conversations with the world to builld a diaogue of faith, Some, like this devotional Thriving in Christ require inspiration (and time) or they simply do not happen.

Lately the pace of my schedule and creative writing that comes on demand have pretty much occupied my attention and drained a lot of my creative energy. In that scenario, inspiration is difficult to come by. No inspiration, no writing. I don't want to lower your expectations of the value of this devotional.

So a haitus is in order. At this point I won't return to this until mid-July. Thanks for understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment